It Is Well with My Soul
The United Methodist Hymnal Number 377
Text: Horatio G. Spafford
Music: Philip P. Bliss
Tune: VILLE DU HAVRE,
Meter: 11 8.11 9 with Refrain
1. When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
when sorrows like sea billows roll;
whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well with my soul.
It is well with my soul,
it is well, it is well with my soul.
2. Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
let this blest assurance control,
that Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
and hath shed his own blood for my soul.
3. My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!
4. And, Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
the clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
the trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
even so, it is well with my soul.
Choose an instrument: Piano | Organ | Bells
- Links for downloading:
- Text file
- Plain MIDI | Piano | Organ | Bells
- Piano score (pdf file)
- Slides (ppt file)
Find all of your favorite church hymns at HymnSite.com