1. Heal us, Emmanuel, hear our prayer;
we wait to feel thy touch;
deep-wounded souls to thee repair,
and Savior, we are such.
2. Our faith is feeble, we confess
we faintly trust thy word;
but wilt thou pity us the less?
Be that far from thee, Lord!
3. Remember him who once applied
with trembling for relief;
"Lord, I believe," with tears he cried;
"O help my unbelief!"
4. She, too, who touched thee in the press
and healing virtue stole,
was answered, "Daughter, go in peace:
thy faith hath made thee whole."
5. Like her, with hopes and fears we come
to touch thee if we may;
O send us not despairing home;
send none unhealed away.