1. Rejoice, ye pure in heart;
rejoice, give thanks and sing;
your glorious banner wave on high,
the cross of Christ your King.
rejoice, give thanks and sing.
2. Your clear hosannas raise,
and alleluias loud;
whilst answering echoes upward float,
like wreaths of incense cloud.
3. Yes, on through life's long path,
still chanting as ye go;
from youth to age, by night and day,
in gladness and in woe.
4. At last the march shall end;
the wearied ones shall rest;
the pilgrims find their heavenly home,
Jerusalem the blest.
5. Praise God who reigns on high,
the Lord whom we adore,
the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost,
one God forevermore.