O For a Thousand Tongues to Sing
The United Methodist Hymnal Number 057
Text: Charles Wesley
Music: Carl G. Glaser; arr. by Lowell Mason
1. O for a thousand tongues to sing
my great Redeemer's praise,
the glories of my God and King,
the triumphs of his grace!
2. My gracious Master and my God,
assist me to proclaim,
to spread through all the earth abroad
the honors of thy name.
3. Jesus! the name that charms our fears,
that bids our sorrows cease;
'tis music in the sinner's ears,
'tis life, and health, and peace.
4. He breaks the power of canceled sin,
he sets the prisoner free;
his blood can make the foulest clean;
his blood availed for me.
5. He speaks, and listening to his voice,
new life the dead receive;
the mournful, broken hearts rejoice,
the humble poor believe.
6. Hear him, ye deaf; his praise, ye dumb,
your loosened tongues employ;
ye blind, behold your savior come,
and leap, ye lame, for joy.
7. In Christ, your head, you then shall know,
shall feel your sins forgiven;
anticipate your heaven below,
and own that love is heaven.
Choose an instrument: Piano | Organ | Bells
- Links for downloading:
- Text file
- Plain MIDI | Piano | Organ | Bells
- Piano score (pdf file)
- Slides (ppt file)
Find all of your favorite church hymns at HymnSite.com